R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Short Course Setup Methods
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Dgee
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You guys are just too funny... We go from talking Short Course setup to 1/8th scale worlds!

I hate name droppers but I'm going to go ahead and do it here... My track houses top level factory Kyosho drivers as well as Joe Pillars, who happens to be Tebo's pit man when they race gas. If Jared needs a quick adjustment to his car while he's on the drivers stand Joe makes it. Other than that Jared wrenches and sets up his own car.

Now at something like worlds, all of the manufacturers have their top engine builders there working on the teams motors, these guys are the best at building and tuning motors and thats why there there. I'm pretty sure Yuichi Kanai was there for tuning support as well... It's worlds for gods sake. This is not how things normally work.

All of the top drivers build their own kits and do all of their own setup work, this isn't formula 1 guys!

I've had the pleasure of having Tebo and Cav both at our track multipule times for invitational races amongst just coming up for a club race and to hang out. Both of them made setup changes to their cars all on their own, they all used the same simple tools that we've been talking about. No rocket science, magic or setup boards! And they did it all on their own without anyone holding their hand or doing it for them!