R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Outdoor R/C area in San Diego (Rancho Penasquitos) north of Miramar
Old 11-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Little-Acorn
Tech Apprentice

This morning I cleared out the remaining loose rocks, and uprooted a few more buried ones. Surface is now very driveable, though not a billiard table (it never will be that). Jumps are useable though still narrow. I filled more of the ex-puddle between the two twin jumps, it's feeling more solid every day, it's very driveable now and should be OK for bicycles by the weekend.Also covered over the hole next to the southernmost jump - I had been dumping rocks in it, and I covered it with earth this morning and tamped it down. You can now drive over it at high speed without problem.

Place looks a lot better with no loose rocks. There are still some bicycle ruts, but at least those are going in the same direction the cars will be. I will fill them in soon.

I still want to widen at least the two twin jumps so beginner drivers (like moi) won't miss them completely. And I need to cover over the deteriorated jump. No one's using it at all now, and probably haven't been for a while. I might make a single jump out of it, we'll see.

But the place is definitely up and running as an R/C bashing spot. Come try it out.

Last edited by Little-Acorn; 12-03-2010 at 04:40 PM.