R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 11:37 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
If I only had the damn TRS on there! Lesson well learned. I have never ran a TRS in the past and have never had a problem. Well, I just had my first incident.
The TRS is not for those cases that you mentioned. It is for those other more serious ones where your battery connector of your Rx pack gets cut off for some reason when you're playing. No other type of failsafe is going to help you in that circumstance except a TRS. Set it just enough that the spring or O ring can pull back the throttle servo to the neutral possition on loss of power supply. You need not make it too strong. Else, you strain the throttle / brake servo severely and use a lot of current from your receiver pack.

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
Are you talking about the the rod bushings "D"? That I should check those? I was going to anywase.
Yes, the bronze bushings. When you take the circular clip off from the side of the piston to take out and inspect the rod bushing on the top inside the piston, make sure you install these circular clips back in properly or change to new ones if you find it suspect. I had a nasty incident the other time where the clip jumped out and scratched the piston and piston liner !