R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Profoxcg
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile Initial D

how did you get those ratios? smaller is faster right?

also,

i didnt read the FAQ, can you link me plz?

Something else I have been doing wrong is using AE 40wt shoch oil rather than serpent. Tomorrow i am going to rebuild using the enclosed 30wt oil and see if I get better handling results. Inital, thank you for patience. now that i am working at my LHS i have come across many things and questions, that i hope you guys can address in regards to this car.

Two things I was asked today that I was not to clear on was:

1) how are the rear roll centers changed? do i change the inserts on the rear plate? or the inner, or both and make them match? The book is not two clear on that.

2) Let me present you the following scenario: I am driving my car with stock setting and tyres. I notice that maybe i need a little steering into corners and that my car's rear end slides a bit on power. - Or that is slides for that matter.

I was told to first before changing to 37 shore or 35 shore tyres to improve the sliding effect, to work on the suspension. first change springs, then shock damping/ oil, maybe some toe, and then tyres.

the reason for this is, as I was told, is to make sure that I am able to drive with the hardest tyre possible to prevent tyre wear. Here in Florida, since the weather is quite hot, 35deg tyres would go pretty quick.

Should i follow this advise? I was thought I should fist find a good set of tyres so that i dont't slide, then work on my springs and oils to fine tune my handling (ie. harder srpings for more responsives ness / softer for more bite) then play with roll centers and toe, ect...

after what this guy told me i am confussed, can you please clarify this?

I am a little embarassed I keep asking so much stuff I should already know.