R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HobbyTown Tucson AZ
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:26 PM
ringleader
Tech Addict

So as I sit here getting geared up for the holiday season, I’ve started to think of how the R/C community could give back to people less fortunate. I mean it’s truly a blessing that we get the joy of racing/practicing with our vehicles and our friends on a weekly basis. But what if you never could experience the joy of that one simple action? Imagine children without a single toy to play with during the holiday season. So it got me thinking, what could I do?

On Sunday December 19th Ringleader Racing and Turd Ferguson Racing present the 1st Annual “Haul-In for the Holidays”. The race will be held at Competition Hobbies sponsored by Competition Hobbies and Scottsdale R/C Speedway. The race entry will be 1 new unwrapped toy per entry. If you don’t have a toy for the entry that day, Competition Hobbies has graciously offered to donate 50% of each entry fee. So for the cost of a pair of tires, you can buy a toy to brighten a child’s holiday season. Thanks to Quaid Simek, Mike Shumpert and Keoni Ayhat for jumping on board to help.

I know this is a little short notice for some of you racers, but it was something I thought would be worthwhile. For those of you that are going to be at the KBRL on Saturday 18th, we would love to see you back on Sunday. However you are unable to make it back down, I will have a donation box set up inside the store so you can donate while you are there. Thanks to everyone who will be participating! Depending on what type feedback I get, as far as people who will be attending, we may start a little earlier than the normal 2:00 start time. Please feel free to post on the Competition Hobbies forum thread if you have any questions. Thanks in advance to everyone that has already given me a commitment, look forward to seeing you at the races!