R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin SCRT10 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 10:27 AM
NovakTwo
Company Representative

These early BL systems were designed to operate with NiMh packs. In addition, your motor may have a bonded, rather than sintered, rotor which is definitely not advised for racing.

These items are simply not usable in heavy 4x4 racing vehicles. The new 550 system will solve these problems.

Originally Posted by jrock32
The motor isn't glitching, it is actually thermaling (Not sure if thats a word) as the blue indicator light is on when the truck shuts off and Novak's website states that is the thermal light.
It has been shutting off right around the 4 min mark and will not run for 1-2 min.
The thing that is throwing me for a loop is the motor temps at 100-120* and the ESC temps at 100* which seems low. I'm running the stock 13t pinion and stock spur w/ an 8.5 motor. I'm wondering if I need to gear up or use a 6.5 motor w/ the 13T pinion. The way I see it, with the motor/pinion I'm running now is like running a car in 1st gear at 50mph... Am I looking at it the correct way?

Thanks again for all the help guys. And I do have a 550 system on the way which is probably the fix.... I'm just at the curious point and would like to figure out what the problem is for future reference.