R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies TCX
Thread: Hot Bodies TCX
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 AM
steveonamission
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by silky
Thats just it, the initial steering input is so abrupt that the car is out of shape before I make it thru the turn. What I found to work best on carpet and from what I've seen is that the fast cars are the most composed and settled on the track. The cars that are jerky and darty to the touch are the ones that are getting lapped. That leads me to believe that arm sweep is an asphalt tuning aid.
I guess there are other area's of thought to consider rather than just the amount of front arm sweep making the car struggle being progressive through the corners though...

Raising the Inner front camber link will help smooth cornering out and reduce the bite.....ive been running 3mm there with the 2.5d front block. So maybe thats just a good combination for me, but sure theres always room for improvement and better feeling.

Usually from my opinon if the cars are darty, then they are suffering from too much front grip, and sure enough theres a few other areas that can address that problem.

This is all down to track layout though and grip level as said.

This is just my view on things, its good to hear other peoples experiences.

I will try a 0 block and come back soon and will post back with my findings, i'll probably come back saying it was much better.