R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LED Underglow Kits
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2010, 09:38 AM
1320VR4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin69
How well do they hold up in offroad racing? How do they hook up to power? Thanks
Hook up to a 9v battery.

Holding up to racing depends on the kit and how you mount it. For instance the stampede kits hold up to abuse incredibly well because of where they're m mounted, the chassis never flexes and it's tough to bottom it out on anything. I abuse the ever loving crap out of my 'pede and I've had the same kit on it for a year+.

I've mounted these on my drift car and hit up the local r/c track with it for racing and the kits didn't last long at all in that instance due to repetitive direct door hits, aggressive barrel rolling when coming too close to an interior cone and bouncing off of it etc.

The tubes are flexible though and can be bent, creased, folded etc and will still work fine, just uncrease them or remount them if they rip off. They'll handle abuse to a certain degree but aren't invincible.

So to answer the question, yes they'll handle some abuse however if your going to be club racing and running your car hard, they'll likely get torn up.