R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - E-Maxx 3906 Suggestions...
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Duster_360
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCA999
Great!
So, pretty much if I purchase 3.3 drive axles, 3.3 full set of suspension arms(top bottom/front & rear,3.3 bulks, 3.3turnbuckles and 3.3 steering knuckles I would be good to go besides my drive train correct?

What would you recommend for the differentials? I'm not going brushless anytime soon with this truck. So would I possibly be okay staying stock or should I at least upgrade a little?

I really appreciate your help. That one post helps a lot.

Thank you!
Thats right. I had a time trying to install the drive axles but I was trying to use the stock bulks - once I realized that was the prob, mine went together slick. I found one guy, a chop shop and got most of it thru him to save on shipping.

I would run it stock with the diffs as they are and wait until you hear them start to make clicking noises. I started with a 2.5 Tmaxx and got a real schooling about diffs when I installed a FR18 engine. I was worried about having to do the kind of things I had to do to get decent life from my Tmaxx diffs (alum diff cases, alum diff cups etc), but I've been happily surprised. I bought a set of 16.8 diffs on eBay and I didn't even open them up to check shimiming, I just installed them. So far, they've been good.

My stock diffs were making noise shortly after I got mine and I wanted to go brushless (did for a while). I had to do something