R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Track in Placentia, CA LRH Raceway
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
LRHHOBBIES.COM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Just wanted to post here. I run at OCRC every Saturday. Last week one of our new friends from OCRC told us about LRH. Told us that they often run to the later hours of the night/morning and it was kickback. So since OCRC closes so early, we figured sure, lets check it out. When we got there, the owner wasn't there and the manager or sit-in manager/friend of owner was there and didn't know how late they were going to be there. He finally got the owner on the phone and then came back and told us that the owner was coming down to let us know if we could run or not and how long they'd be staying open. We waited for 20 min or so. I asked, well we're here, can we atleast run until the owner gets here and check out the track. He said no. Finally the owner gets there and goes into the office. Sits there about another 20 minutes. No communication or anything. Finally one of our guys goes in and asks how everything's going and if we're going to be able to run. He said he'd let us know, but needs a few minutes to make up his mind. We sat there trackside in the pits just watching the few people that were there run for about another 20 minutes. Obviously he didn't want us to run. JUST TELL US THAT! I heard that they've been having trouble drumming up business and it's not looking good. Here we were 6 new faces that run weekly and thought this might be a great after hours place to run after racing at ocrc every night. I'm no Bill Gates, but I'm smart enough to know when you have 6 new potential customers, you don't treat them like that. He just stayed in his office obviously waiting for us to go home. So finally we decided, this is a lame beat, we're out. We left and guess what, none of us intend on ever going back now. Congratulations LRH, great business practice. At least have the F'ing decency to come out and say something along the lines of "thank you for coming out, we're sorry, we're planning on closing earlier than normal tonight, but please come on back some other time, we'd love to have you here". Lost our business, we wont be back.
Well I must say I am sorry your experience is not what you expected. However, your post is lacking a few details with respect to the events that transpired.

1. Jimmy T after speaking with me via cell informed you gentlemen that we would stay open late.
2. When I arrived and spoke with two gentlemen; I also informed them we would gladly stay open till at least 2am.

What your post was also lacking was the fact that you gentlemen did not want to pay your track fees. Instead one of you gentlemen told me what you are willing to pay.

The exact words I was told were; "I am willing to pay $5.00."

I kindly responded by saying Thank you however, our track fees are $12.00 and we have a policy which no longer adjusts.

The response I received was "I understand, no problem."

You gentlemen then proceeded to huddle around the driver stand and discuss whether you would run.

After about 5 min or so of deliberating and smoking in my shop you guys left. For the record there is no smoking inside the premises. I am pretty sure Mr. Black would not allow it in his facilities.

Again, I am sorry your first experience was not what you expected. However, as I am sure many other track owners would attest is that rent gets paid with track fees and not by bargaining.

On other note I will take the liberty to say Thank you for the publicity on RCTECH. The last time someone posted was 6/4/10. In addition as MANY can attest, LRH is a VERY friendly track and always willing to help.

Last PLUG we will have a fresh layout this Friday. Feel free to stop by.

Thank you and Happy Holidays.