R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 02:42 PM
hairy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
No, the issue is that now that everyone has boost/turbo people are pushing it to the limit and beyond to try and realize some advantage. Some racers grew used to having a distinct advantage, and now that the playing field is leveling out and technology is stabilizing some feel the need to stretch the envelopes of timing advance and gearing.

It's no different than the pre-timing days when you'd gear to the moon on the ragged edge of motor temps...just faster.
I don't know about booster caps burning but, I have the same peoblem on a new speedo that was on my old one. the day starts off fine running practice laps thru several battery packs and the temp on the motor not going above 175f. And lo and behold latter in the afternoon the speedo won't start the car to rolling. It has to be pushed before it will run and if it stops again the same thing. Now I have tried 6 sensor wires, one brand new in the package, Three different brand motors and still there is a dead spot in all of the motors. If the rotor gets to a certain position it will not turn over, although the speedo lights up like normal. I have done the test by turing the wheels to see if the leds light to show the sensors are working and they are.
MY tekin is in the shop waiting for word, in the mean while this was a borrowed speedo from a friend that started doing the same thing as mine late in the day.
Does any one have any idea as to what is going on, I have talked to tekin and they aren't sure and I am considering that maybe the problem is in the v212 program since this has only happened since I changed over.