R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 11-21-2010, 08:17 AM
dameetz
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dameetz
I m posting this on behalf of a friend of mine coz nothing that we do seems to solve the problem.

My friend has been using Hobbywing Xtreme Stock combo with Hobbywing 11.5T motor for the past 2 weeks which include 1 race day. For the past 4 days he's having problem with the esc somehow loosing the turbo function, its more like its switching to sensorless mode by it self. First 2-3 laps it was fine, after that the car was just crawling, then all of the sudden the Turbo is there again. This happened on and off during 5 mins drive. The ESC and Motor's temp was normal (esc 40C ish and motor 60C ish).

What have we done so far to solve the problem:

1. Change the sensor wire (a few time already which include a new one)
2. Calibrate the throttle (set to 100% during calibrating then bump it up to full 140% EPA)
3. Reflash the 518 stock firmware (twice now)

BUT the problem is still there Anyone got any more idea on what to do?
Originally Posted by COBRARACING
To me it seems to be a problem with your battery .Have you tried a different battery .

As for the esc going to sensoreless mode and that causing it to slow down doesnt seem right as there is no such thing i have heard it many times from people on this site but believe doesnt make sence .

The sensor wire basically is there to make sure the esc knows where the rotor is at any given time to produce 100% power to a single phase may it be A,B or C thats all .were the sensorless unit works by producing 100% to two phases as it has no hall sensors to know ehere the rotor position is thats all .

When a sensor wire is out it will not slow the car down but make it cog when is starts up thats all that could also be caused by phase A shorted mosfets nothing else .

The Capacitor network is used to equalise the battery voltage to the esc and not allow the battery to increase also there board protects from voltage spikes and radio interference .

So i suggest you have a careful look at your battery .

let me know how you go

regards ANgelo
Update on the problem:
So far we have tried different batteries (IP5600 50C, H-Energy 5500 50C, By Energy 5200 45C) , re-solder the leads, swapping the wires to a new sets, swapping batt connectors, swapping different motors, swapping motor sensors.

The problem is still there. After 2-3 mins the turbo/supercharger function is gone and intermittently coming back randomly. We also notice that while the turbo/supercharger is gone the red light only illuminate when in full throttle, not the usual red to green lights.

Anymore suggestions to trouble shoot this problem? Or can I just advice my fried to send it back to Hobbywing for repair and if so how do we send it back? Whats the procedure?

Thanks.