R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mantisworx F1 chassis!! sneek peek
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 12:09 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by heretic
conception : not impressed at all ( same comments as before about one end of the side pivots having to be aligned with the center pivot ) The angled side links might work OK though.

Manufacturing : not impressed at all, the CF plate edges seem delaminated all around. BTW do I see not countersunk holes ? I hope not.

Handling : waiting to see a video/ try one. But I honestly don't see how anyone could go faster than even a less than average F103/104- with one of these cars.

Anyone who thinks that decent pan car F1 manufacturers are lacking imagination , either has no RC culture at all, or doesn't understand what a pan car is, or both.
Man, what you see is a prototype, as stated that is not the material that I am using for the top deck, my supplier sends me sheets that are defected so that I can test without spending top dollar on material until final specs are ready.as far as counter sunk holes go.....cmon man lighten up.I have parts that I made verified by NASA and in space!!! Of course holes that need to be CS will be!!
This is the family business www.wwmachine.net Been at this a long time!

Jetta I have no problem putting my chassis up against anyone on any surface with any motor, my point was that its not hard to make a 21.5 hook up and that's the reason why the lap times with that motor are so close, take all of those cars and put a faster motor in them and watch what happens!
Look guys we can argue all day long and I cant force anyone to agree with what I say but do you think the current chassis will be the same in twenty years? Probably not, this chassis is only the beginning!

i have talked to a few track operators today and i am scheduling the tracks i am going to visit soon, so by february some of you will have first hand experience with the Mantisworx chassis!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 11-18-2010 at 12:49 PM.