R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new buggy
Thread: new buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 09:52 PM
ScottyM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
If you didn't like the Mugen, don't get a Caster zx1.5r as they are similar with pillowball setup. But then you say you didn't like the Losi. Was it worse? That should steer you away from the Xray since they are similar with I believe kingpin setup?

Maybe you need to adjust the car so it is less twitchy. What servo were you running, etc....?
Acutally he said the Losi was easier to drive, but harder to maintain..

The D8 IMO is easy to drive, and maintenance is way easy.. Hot Bodies D8 likes to be driven harder then the Losi, which IMO takes some finesse to drive.. I am not an on edge driver, and the D8 fits me well. AS I can push when I need to, yet don't have to push it all the time to keep good lap times.. Xray is maintanence heavy. Kyosho would be a good choice, and the MP9 is the most forgiving Buggy I have ever had the pleasure to drive, I just can't afford one, but I can't afford a Mugen either. Maintaining a K car would be similar to the Mugen. I've never driven an Associated buggy, but their truggy is pretty nice.

All that said my choices would be Kyosho if Money is no option, and HB if it is..

Good Luck on your choice.