R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Truggy Worlds
Thread: Truggy Worlds
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Good read,

It's a topic that makes for good discussion.

Points are there on both sides as to why there should be and shouldn't a Truggy Worlds. I'm not exactly sure why there isn't one, though leaning a bit to the Politics side of things.

Let us remember that in the beginning of what is now looked at as the Premier Race for buggies, there were not a lot of Mfg.'s producing buggies. 1/8th Buggy as a class was not as popular on the world wide stage as it is now. So to me saying there ins't a Truggy Worlds because there are not enough Mfg.'s producing Truggies or because the class is not popular world wide, comes off as an excuse. I would be willing to bet that if the Truggy class had begun before the Buggy class on the world stage, we would be having this discussion in the reverse. Asking why there isn't a Buggy Worlds.

As for a Truggy being easier to drive and thus less entertaining to watch at a Worlds level, I agree and disagree. I agree that in general Truggies are easier to drive than Buggies, but you drive both differently so there isn't a straight across comparasion between the two. At least to me there isn't. I think that because of the way racers can drive Truggies vs. Buggies on the same track makes them equally fun to watch. The top racers will still shine with either Buggy or Truggy.

Having both calsses run at the same Worlds event could be done. I think the current cap for racers is 180 at the Worlds. If every racer ran both classes that would be a total of 360, that number could be handled as I don't think every racer would run both classes. Even so, if that number was reached it is a workable number on paper. Though the pace of the event would be much faster and any delay would make things very hard to stay on schedual. The added track maint. for the event would be another issue, as it would be more with the extra number of cars/trucks on the track. I think the idea could be done, but having a seperate Worlds event for Buggy and Truggy would be an easier way to go. That however opens up another discussion all together.