R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fullthrottle Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 01:41 PM
vafactor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wrd47
you could raise the timing to 8 deg, but set the boost to 40 to 45 i would try that first before setting the timing on the motor ,these motor s\
run cooler no matter where you gear them just finding the right set up in the speedo now raising the boost will make the motor run hotter just gear
1 to 2 teeth low 380 to 390 good roll out to start with
the good news with black diamond speedos is that there are just 5 profiles to pick from. Simple. The bad news is that one cannot alter the timing or the boost in the speedo. For all classes except mod, everybody runs AE speedos on profile 5. So when using a black diamond, there's only mechanical timing in the motor and gearing to fiddle with. That's the benefit (and also the down side) with running an AE speedo. On Saturday I tried only changing the gearing. Wasn't able to match the rip of Fairtrace's car. So next time, I'll try throwing some timing at the motor to see what that does. One thing is sure........these 3rd edition Trinity Duo motors sure do run cool. Mind you, I'm not complaining. I wasn't very far off. Running a strong 2nd is nothing to sneeze at. Hopefully with a bit more timing in the motor, that will achieve the last few percentage points of performance.