Thread: ContactRC Tyres
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 04:49 AM
Riketsu
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Hey Guys,

This past weekend I tested the sedan tires and compared the regular rim to the Lighter Carbon Wheel.

The regular rims are very good and super strong. I ran these the entire weekend, except for one qualifier. They performed good and can really take a hit. In the final I got on the bump to close and flipped my car and slid straight into a 4x4 board. This was on the first lap and I smacked the side of the car at the wheels super hard. I was able to just get turned over and finish the event. Was even able to still Win it. The tires did not even get out of round. It was a great test that I did not mean to happen, but it did.

As for the Carbon Wheel, I found it to be a little better and it gave me more consistent laps. I was about 1-2 tenths faster on fast lap, but the biggest improvement was over the 5 minutes. The car changed direction better and held the line in the turns a little easier. Also when the car shifts it seems to really hold that power and just take off.

Hope this helps,

DJ Apolaro
Hi DJ,

Did you have to make any setup changes to the car when you switched between Carbon and regular tires??? (More Toe-in or camber)??