R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mantisworx F1 chassis!! sneek peek
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 01:33 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

i am a 40yr old engineer and i understand what is happening , i use autocad for all of my designs and everything is worked out, what both of you say is true but never the less the system works a hell of alot better than the traditional t plate system. how much do you think the suspension actually moves in a race situation? i have that data and its not very much at all, and definately not enough to "bind" the pod up. have any of you seen or felt the slop in any TC?? There is no more slop in this design than any other RC car. slop in this scale is something that you cannot get away with. the slop in the pod is only .015" , human hair is anywhere from .005 to .010" so lets keep the "slop" in perspective!!as far as the independent F1 stuff , it is coming but its interesting how when we talk about that nobody wants to change but if i design a traditional type chassis then everyone wants the IRS!! i cant make everyone happy but i figure its a much easier transition if i design a better system for the traditionalist first and the branch into the IRS since it is waaaaaay more involved and waaaaay more costly to produce and prototype.
i realize that the attached picture i posted is not the same but the idea still works the same regardless of how many links. one thing you cannot argue with is laptimes and as of right now this chassis runs circles around the stock system and half circles around exotec!! because of how the internet operates in this world,i am going to travel so some of the F1 hot spots over the next few mths to promote the chassis and some other things i am working on, this way some of you will get first hand experience on what i am trying to do and where i am headed. those of you who actually know me or have met me know how i am and the knowledge that i hold!! BTW john strahnahan is local to me we talk about these things periodically and if you have actually laid hands on one of his chassis you will see that his pod walks quite abit more than mine because of the upper links. no matter what you do you cant get away from it but you can compensate for it which is what he has figured out, just think how long it took for people to even remotely accept what he has done ( and alot still dont!)