R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Mugen10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
I had my 1st meeting with my jrx-s today, and I was not too happy with its lack of rear traction. It would break loose entering turns off power, and mid corner on power. Started with the kit asphalt setup, but with spool. From then on, played with diff heights, roll centers front and rear, droop, front springs, camber, diff......nothing I did seemed to make any difference. The car was properly 'tweaked', however I had noticed from day 1 that the chassis is not completely flat, maybe the rear end is raised up 0.5mm on a flat board. The only thing I could not change was the roll bar, which losi stupidly left out of this kit. And plastic hex's??? losi.... come on mate!!

my rant for today
I feel your pain. Ever sense the early 2000's Losi's quality has not been the best in my eyes. I hated the the cheap plastic wheel hex and not a sway bar. That is just being cheap. On a positive note. With all the slop and poor fit building the car. The car is fast, very fast. i mostly ran indoor carpet but this past summer we had a parking lot track. I am not sure what setup you went to but one thing I noticed was my indoor carpet setup worked pretty well outdoors on a large track. I had to make some some changes like running a low roll center in rear and reduce camber gain in the rear. Other than that the car felt good. I posted my setup a few pages back. Maybe you could compare it to your setup and maybe get some ideas.