R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - dyno'd-silver can 540j after long break-in
Old 11-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
I have no idea what he was talking about and could only guess or theorize and that wouldn't be fair to him. The breaking of the washer thing must be a reference to the "illegal" practice of "cranking" the comm. This of course is to get more advance. Someone was telling me that the comms are done now in a way that you can't "crank" them anymore. Never done it so can't really comment other than to say it was a pretty good motor guy.

I'm sorry, but I do share my knowledge. I won't post step by step instructions, drawings, schematics but ----whatever. Just sent a PM to a guy in Australia who told me what he was doing. We discussed a couple of modifications he might make. I don't do step by steps in PMs either. Look at how many posts you see about how motor tuners are cheating. I had one guy tell me directly I was cheating. They don't know what I'm doing, but whatever it is must be cheating.

Hell, just because they can't figure out how to build a faster motor w/out cheating, doesn't mean that some guys can't. We're not all lazy or mentally challenged. I had to earn my MMT (master motor tuner) degree and so must everyone else. No one's just handing it to you. That doesn't mean that I won't nudge you in the right direction like I did for my Australian friend, but he'd already paid his dues.
Granpa... i sent you a PM. package will go out today. i was out of town the past week. thanks!

- Chris