R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Fred Hubbard
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I have a question. What is the difference between the new 2.1 GT ProStock and the GT 2.1 EX ESCs? Is it more than software?? I bought a 2.1 EX to run in my TC5 R w/a 13.5 or 10.5 motor on 2s and after looking online it seems like that might be too much for the ESC. Is that true??

PS: I do a lot of offroad racing and with a GT 2.0 Pro ESC the V3 17.5 is very fast in my b4 buggy w/no issues. Super smooth, fast, and runs very cool with a decent amount of timing and boost.
On the hardware side the EX series fully support 1s racing (12th, WGT) so you don't need a receiver pack or booster to provide addtional power to the servo. The EX speedos are also a tad bit lighter in weight and you don't need to use a fan on them. The Prostock series was mainly designed for stock class racers looking to shave a little weight off their car. You can use the same firmware on all the GT series speedos (GT 2.0 Pro, GT 2.1 Prostock, GT 2.1 EX). There are some guidelines on the SP site about using 2s with the EX speedos please read them. I suggest using either the GT 2.0 or Prostock with 2s and 13.5 and not an EX in your TC5.