R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF415
Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Difuser
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JRob
Chris's solution was what a few of us came up with because there is not any plans to come up woth a locked center. This is directly from Tamiya Japan TRF USA was told to solve it ourselves. If you look back you will see the inside parts being made by Dave Beale for Very Limted release not sure if the public will have access. He is also making a spool from the original 1way unit.

This is also the same with a diff for the front of the car there is no plans in the pipeline for a diff kit or parts. There have been a few suggestions on how to build one from other mfg's parts. HPI being the only successful one I know of but there is a Kyosho & Yok fix but I have not heard a final success or failure on those.

On some other threads there is talk Tamiya has their heads somewhere for those here reading this, the cars were designed off shore(Japan/Asia) most of their running is rubber no foam so there is not a demand in their eyesfor these parts. If you are waiting on these parts there is no release plans that any of us have heard of.

Enjoy the car I know this makes some solutions for TCS harder for others and makes the care less palatable for some. Give it a shot it is definately fast and so far looks to be an awesome effort for Tamiya.

Chris, the reason for the pic is that when Troy and I were visualizing the fix we were looking at the pulleys face to face with the set screws on the outsides. Looks good so far. I did not see your name on the list hope you find a way in.