R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Carpet wear and tear
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 01:36 PM
fatdoggy
Tech Elite

Originally posted by berger
Jaco say i believe that your foams should wear fairly quickly when they are in the zone of most grip, but once they are just outside that they seem to last ages with allmost no wear. I know myself and fatdoggy have run small foams with no ill effects.
Jacos really are the ONLY option if you want to keep up. Yep 55-53mm is my favorite range. Much lighter due to less foam and very stable. I can run about 2-3 weeks (8-12 races) in this range. Of course it all depends on setup and smooth driving but in general the lower they get the better your car will feel(imo). Once they get lower then 53mm I start to have problems because my suspension arms won't drop any lower(haven't gotten around to dremeling them out for more travel yet).

As far as compounds I like Corally's TC3 compound. It stinks worse then paragon but it does a great job once you've done a few laps and the foam has warmed a little. Your not able to wipe the compound off completly, you actually have to go out and run a few easy going laps in practice to get the residue off before the main.