R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP SXX StockSpec ESC
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:40 AM
davidl
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer458
hey guys i have a v2 tc spec,i now run stock class so im asking is there a huge performance increase to switching to a stock spec?

My understanding is that the firmware in each speed control is different so that you have maps that match the type racing you are participating in. So, if you run spec touring cars, the idea was to run the TC Spec. It is typically two cell Li-Poly. 1/12 scale and oval are now single cell Li-Poly and would require different maps for optimal performance so the SXX Stock Spec fits the bill there.

Now after having said that, all of these speed contols can be updated at Team Assiciated headquarters to accept software updates by downloads through the internet to a computer and then installation to the speed control. That means to me that you can alter the software in either speed control to fit all of the applications on the track.

I must also mention the I believe the TC version comes with a fan attached. This fan is not necessary when running spec classes such as 13.5t to the new 25.5t motors. It is also unnecessary when running single cell classes. I don't know if the fan can be removed but that is necessary to fit the speed control in say a 1/12 scale pan car where the body is slammed really low.

I hope this helped and Good Luck.