R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GM Brushless
Thread: GM Brushless
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Martin Hofer
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro Models
Hi Martin or anyone else as my friend Ian (Sonter) was saying we had a test today. I just took the reading from my speedo too and my motor temp went up to 91 deg since i incresed fixed tming to 25 and max timing to 26. At 4.9 fdr the motor isnt kind of maxing out (no screaming noise) at the end of the 150ft straight. Do you think i should leave gearing as is and increase timing further or maybe drop a pinion.

I also noticed that the rpm reading after increasing timing has dropped from 40k to 37k on the following run is that an indication that im over geared maybe?

Great speedo love playing around with this software and settings
5.5 is definately undergeared, 4.9 sounds more like it.
the motor shall NEVER scream! more rpm means more heat! and less power and punch!!!!
so always go for the hardest gearing you can without the thorttle efeling getting spongy

91° sounds like you have left the motor temp cut-off at 100°C? there's a reason why I said set it to 115 for the gm motor ...

@ sonter, I hope you realize that you have to push the button shortly after each run beore switching off the speedo in order to have it save the motor temperature !

how much fixed timing are you running?

I think you should try gearing harder aswell.

if you have "highspeedtiming with switchpoint" ticked, try unticking it.