R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MUGEN SEIKI MRX5
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 PM
asw7576
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Romeo
Tried all of the above and found it was easier to live with. Only difference is i run a kick up rear arm setting, Still finding a better solution cause i cant roll the car in tight turns, it either has to be on or off power. On long sweeper it oversteer a bit wide. I have to stay on 1 clean line and cant attack any corner confidently as it will get very nervous on exit. Should i start changing springs and shock oil ????
check the following points before blaming your car's handling :

1. have u already use new tires with correct tire shore and tire split ?
2. have u already copy the basic car setup from mugen ? Or copy car setup from more experience driver ( group A ) in your local track ?
3. make sure the car's suspension arms, wheel bearings, belts, are moving freely.

After following all the above, I would do the following one by one :

Do 1,2,3 first.

And 4 second

And 5,6 third.

1. remove the kick up setting ( make it flat ), the kick up setting actually make the rear nervous.
2. shortened the wheelbase so the car can rotate faster in medium to tight corner while off throttle. ( This is the number 1 solution ).
3. slightly widened the rear trackwidth to 264mm - 265mm, with 2.5 to 3.0 degree toe in. This is to increase rear stability exiting corner on power.

4. Use middle position for front caster. More caster ( more lay back ) increase the hooking effect on sweeper while the car is on power.

5. higher roll center at rear tires, this is to reduce rear nervousness
6. lower roll center at front tires, this is to help the car turns ( more aggresive ) while off throttle.

gud luck.

I dont have mrx5. However, I have been in your situation before, and I have fixed it

2 years ago, My mrx4-r have problems like understeering at medium - slow corners, and mild oversteering on sweeper (the car hook while on power at sweeper entry ).

Last edited by asw7576; 11-10-2010 at 09:56 PM.