R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 01:52 PM
SlowerOne
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
I still say, if you want to reduce your diff maintenance and increase your reliability; run a thrust bearing. If you are bent on having the silkiest diff and don't mind keeping a constant eye on it; use the cone washer.

Brian
There speaks someone who knows, and to whom one should listen carefully. Thanks, Brian.

Originally Posted by avs
what do you mean by ball race? i presume thrust race means a thrust bearing (like splapmaster), but 'ball race' means what? are you referring to the thrust bearing with races replaced with flat washers?
Originally Posted by odpurple
He means using the ball bearing in the outer part of the hub as the thrust, the way most of the cars like 12R5 etc come. He's just hard to understand sometimes because he speaks the Queen's english
You guys, what are you like!

Originally Posted by avs
ah-so! thank you for translating, Egnlish is my second language.
As George Bernard Shaw said "England and America are two great nations separated by a common language"

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
There's nothing wrong with the Queen's English

Though SlowerOne speaks it far more accurately than me

Trev
Cor blimey guv, what a gent you are!! For those in the land of the five time zones, that needs to be said by Dick Van Dyke using that crazy cockney accent he failed to pull off in the film Mary Poppins - horrendous!!

When we say we are "mad about a flat", we mean we are very keen on a new apartment and you mean you are mad about having a nail in your tyre (sorry, tire!). OK, I'll get my coat...