R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fullthrottle Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Glowster21
So where did you end up with gearing and which sct? The Duo 3s are finally hitting the Northeast this week, need to make sure the Team Drivers up this way are stupid fast for the upcoming Grand Prix at RCHR in Waterbury. Last year had 145 entries with the fastest racers in the Northeast all there. This year looks to be even bigger. We usually go about 6 mains deep in 17.5 sct, 5 or 6 2wd buggy and stadium truck, and should be at least 6 deep In the 4wd class. Even the one and only "Hill-Billy" will be in attendance this year! Just need to make sure he can handle turning right as well as he turns left
We'll be pretty well represented this year with Bill, Me, and about 5 other FTM Team Drivers spread throughout all the classes.
I'm gearing it 23/83 in a highly modded Slash with the Mamba Max Pro. The timing is set on the motor at what Bill sent it to me at. The speedo has 35 degrees of cheat timing on an rpm range setting 2700 to 9200 rpm. Also running 23% drag brake, punch control disabled, start power on high with no reverse.

My Slash is heavier than the other SCT trucks but has plenty of rip and temps at right at 150 after a 10 minute main. For the 6 minute heat races I'm at 128 degrees.

Had 2nd fastest lap times out of 14 Pro SCT trucks. The only one is faster is a buddy that has the Kyosho Ultima SC-R and is at least 10oz lighter than me but he isn't a ton faster in laptimes.