R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS engines
Thread: STS engines
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 09:01 AM
dino.tw
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by Ybakoff
I took the copper shim out of my motor and it was a little better on 16%.

But it kept going real lean, then you would richen it a little and it would be heaps rich. It was really hard to keep on tune.
It's only a new motor had a couple of days on it. It was lapped in first because I needed to race it on the weekend.

My mate gave me a another carby to try and the motor went heaps better and stayed on tune.

The question is has anybody else had this problem with there sts .12 d3. Is there a problem with the carbies.

Also I am gong to get a mate to modify it for me. Does anyone know what really makes these things go hard.

Thanks Ybakoff.
The composite carburetor is more good for experienced racer. Because it's let your engine can be Over Clock like some CUP can be O.C. It will not warn you if your engine is over heat. You can say it dosen't have red-line but only die-line. So with composite carburetor you need more careful on tuning. Step by step is the key point. After any adjusting you need to run several laps and measure the engine temperature.

About modifing,I would suggest to higher the exhaust port if you have a width track.