R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 02:06 AM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
Is there a tip as to how to prevent your shock oil from leaking? I notice my front shocks leak more compared to my rears(notice alot of dirt around it). After only 3 tanks I notice my front shocks did not have as much rebound when it was newly rebuilt. Could it be because I had an impact in the front that might have caused it to leak in some way? The shocks didnt break or anything but one of them popped off the ball cups. But when I tested both fronts it barely has any rebound. Should I put shims in the rubber ring on the bottom of the screw cap? Where do I put the shims, above the ring or below? I have aluminum shocks in the front.
After a while of playing, you need to rebuild your shocks. Build it according to the manual. Put the bladders so that it is flat on top and into the shock body. Make sure you do the same for the other shock as this step would maintain the same shock rebound on the other shock. Some oil will come out as a result. Never mind about that. Then put in the shock cap and then the aluminum shock cap nut (align the notches) and screw it down slowly to make sure that you screw it down perpendicularly. Else, if not, you'll strip the threading on the shock body if you're using a composite shock body. Screw it down and tighten it tightly.

I would suggest you getting the shock insert foams (909447) or you can get it together with the optional softer red shock bladders (909446). It makes the shock rebound and performance more consistant.