R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:58 AM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ropes
Thanks for the replies and the consolations. Just needed to let off some steam and I appreciate the kind listeners.

Regarding the rule change, I assumed (and this is what I get for assuming) that the new 25.5 motor was replacing the 21.5, not all of the motors. Do any of you think, with the onset of the 25.5 motor, that the 17.5/4 cell could now be competitive?

I guess I'll just have to man up and fall in line with everyone else eventually. Oh well, it was nice to be able to have options and still be within regulations, even though I was a few laps down at the end of the day...I just thought I sucked at driving.
You know I am not sure how the 17.5 will do against the newer system since its on four cells. Even if it does ok which it might, you still need for the club you run at to allow it. I will say this, Novak has a great trade in program so if you want to go to the legal motor and you have an old Novak give them a call. If not. Everyone wants a 17.5 for something. Stock, RCGT, Short Course Trucks, you can get a fair price for that motor.

Next dont sucker yourself into thinking you need a huge lipo to go into that chassis. I doubt you will use 1000 mah. Find one that will fit. Get a little 2500mah lipo that will wedge in there without any mods. Or get yourself a TC3 for fifty bucks and move on.