R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F1 Why 2wd?
Thread: F1 Why 2wd?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:49 AM
j.d.roost
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
interesting in how the most PITA class and upkeep car is the most popular(TC), kinda throws all theories out the window if ya ask me! TC is a money pit to say the least, i have thrown more money in this class over the past six months than i have in mini-z in three years! i dont think that cost of the car should even be in the equation, how many 140.00 exotec kits have been sold over the past month, they cant keep them in stock, so that puts the f1's at about 400.00 right off the bat for the chassis and nobody is complaining. not only that but to be honest f1 is not a class for beginners they are simply too hard to drive and setup for a newbie, granted they are more simple but frustrating if you dont know RC basics.
I have won the past two weekends with an old f103 that I paid $50.00 bucks for.
It's not hard at all to set up (a bit of diff oil on the suspension pads and your set for the weekend).
Only thing that is sort of a pain is truing foam tires (if your track runs them) and burning up 540j motors (but most of the time that's self inflected ).
We have a mix of new guys and seasoned drivers that run together and they are all very fast.