R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - carisma f14 evo f1 car
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Jeff D.
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghiro
Thanks for the feedback. I wont use any servo saver on the F14 so i guess that the Hitek HS65 it'll do the job ,i'm using a coupple of HS65 MG's on my MiniLST2 in wich i had the same spline size problem,i got thru the problem of the servo savers with the Associated RC18's servo saver for Hitek's,good luck for the proper size spline screw,it's a weird size. Another try is X-Ray's servo saver for M18's it's the best one i've ever used but it's expensive and not so sure it fit the HS65. I'll give it a try as soon as i'll get the F14's Servo.
On the HS-65MG I am going to drill and tap the spline/drive to a common 2.5 screw size so that I'll have plenty of choices for screw length. I didn't care for the AE RC18 saver because it just seemed too weak. The Losi HS-55 saver actually is the same style as the Carisma,(needs a barrel shim, explain later) but the spline drive is smaller than the HS-65. I drilled it out and tried to heat/melt it to fit over the HS-65 splines but haven't quit got it yet. X-Rays servo saver is probably meant for HS-81 sized spline/drives. If my LHS had one I would have bought it too along with the others I got that day.