R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW OS 21 XZ-B and Speed XZ-B
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 10:56 AM
bigjayjay1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
The new speed is a big jump in power over the old speed. The new xz-b has much milder timing numbers compared to the old v spec but seems to hold it's own in stock form. The only problem i'm seeing is the same gripe i had with the older v spec/speeds, gets low on compression early on. I run my engines crisp and have run speeds and EB v specs for years and have had to replace the p/s/r every 4 gallons. I still have a worlds speed and will continue to rebuild it cuz i damn sure like it. Never had any luck pinching an OS. I need another truggy engine so i just might try a Clockworks XZ-B.
my pinch on my speeds do wear but not as fast as you stated what break in method are you using I use the heat cycle work great for all my motors. Also I don't normal pinch but after one set with two gallons 30% Gen2 and the pinch is still super tight which was very surprising since I though it would be gone after a gallon also used the heat method 3 tanks before retuning. Didn't believe in pinching but after this set I'm a believer.