R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - i need some help to pick a truggy
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 09:04 AM
jwm2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bacchus
I've been running the losi 2.0 since day one and still do. I can't say i'm very impressed. Sure it handles good but it has problems. You'll need aluminum diff inserts day one and learn how to shim to a T(i've never blown a ring and pinion but have seen plenty of folks including fast guys blow them) and Aluminum servo saver top. If you want to run your carb perfectly 90 degrees you'll need a 60 dollar center diff split mount. I have had plenty of linkage binding even with the linkage setup to a T. The shock screws tend to back out after a long main. It eats throttle servos because of the poorly designed center diff in the way of the linkage being straight unless you buy the above part. You get all this for the awesome price of 600 bucks. If I didn't have enough parts to do a total rebuild i'd surely be researching better options. My 2 cents. If you really think you'll love racing don't go RTR. Buy everything separately and get what you want. You'll be much happier. I'm not going to provide any other brand car because all i know is the losi. In the long run the Losi will cost you more $$$.

You can get the losi rtr for a good price here: http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1344.

If you go that route here is my opinion: Sell the motor new and buy a real motor. Junk the stock servos and get some hitec 7955 or 7950's. Get the alum diff inserts and servo saver top. Learn how to set the linkage up and pray it works. You'll have a decent starter vehicle. Don't let the RTR chassis get in your head. I changed mine to a race chassis and felt NO difference.
I've had the exact opposite experience. My rigs don't eat servos, i don't have problems with linkages, shimming or radio tray. I'm not sure what to tell you. I've had nothing but great luck with my losi's and would highly recommend them to everyone, but thats my personal preference/experience.