R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 966
Thread: Serpent 966
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
nitrodude
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
If that's what you want to think. All of the cars are good. And i had a 966 it was f**ked up out of the box with missing and broken parts and it had alot of blinding in the rear susp lol!!! Never had that problem with my mrx4, m3 ev, vonerrr evo , xray nt1 ec or my 416x. But I also had that problem with the 733 oh I wonder why!!!! It is All about money anyboby who has driven a kyosho car 1/10 or 1/8 thAT left to go to serpent will always say they like the car but deep down inside they know what car is better. Even some factory guys have told me they liked the kyosho better but I would say who

any why good luck to you sir!!! I can wait for the xray 8 scale to come out!!!!!!!! By far xray has the best quality followed by mugen.
My point is dont go into another cars thread and start dizzing it. Just from the other post I know you'r lieing. I dont go into the mugen thread and start dissing their cars, or tell people buy this car or that car. ABout money? Kyoshos are more expensive than the other cars. When i had my M3 I had to buy stiffening plates, adjustable swaybar, one piece engine mount all seperate from the car, all those parts came included in the 966 box, no expence added.
You're just one of those that jump from brand to brand and everytime the new brand is best thing from since sliced bread, not reliable as far as judging quality.

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
In the future use this to secure any bearing which goes into a metal part:

http://www.henkelna.com/cps/rde/xchg...UID=0000000HZN

Because the fit is too loose from the start the bearing is able to rotate in it's housing and starts scraping away material, creating even more play.
With the bearing fit this isn't possible and your bearings will last longer as well.
I'm surprised none of the RC companies advises this in their manuals, because it is very clear this is needed with the type of fit they are using (cold fitting)

It's an issue, I've heard several Serpent drivers complain about it
I know its an issue, it just hasnt happened to me.