R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Cody01
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01
Even though I have one of these on the way I figured I'd throw a spin on my Hyper 10SC since I'm not doing SC class anymore. I'm doing 17mm hex conversion, 1/8 truggy tires/wheels, 550 motor, rear wing, no more bumpers, and 3s. I mocked it up and turned out to be 1 inch narrower and 1 inch shorter than my Rc8te but quite a bit lighter. Somewhere between the TT and an 1/8 truggy. I've got stuff on order for it now and will post pics when done. It just might be competitive in the 1/8 class due to the lighter weight.
Well since i'm going on my 3rd weekend without recieving my 10TT thats on backorder STILL I have taken a few steps toward this project. I got some 17mm hexes on the way and some 1/8 Truggy wheels with 1/2" offset. I put the roller on a real diet by pulling all the plastics and drilling about 100 holes in the chassis. I drilled in places that could afford it without giving too much on the integrity of the strength. I can't afford a 550 setup right now so I'll be maintaining the Vxl on 11T. The weight I removed from it will balance back out to normal with the added extra weight of the Truggy tires. So weight is about the same as normal but its final drive will be geared up since the wheels are taller. I'm guessing it will be about equivlant to running a 4.5T on SC tires. Basically I would classify this Truggy as a 1/9th scale. Just for the hell of it I'm going to throw it in with the 1/8 truggies this weekend and see how she does. Yes its got less torque than they do but it also weighs substantially less.

I was trying to post a pic of the drilled chassis but the pic thing isn't working on the site's end right now.