R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - two issues I cant figure out....
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 07:50 AM
speedin
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default two issues I cant figure out....

I have a rc8te.

I am having two issues that have left me scratching my head...

1. My shocks seem like they don't want to compress all the all the way. I get to about 3/4 compression where the chassis almost hits the ground, then it gets harder. It will compress all the way, but the last 1/4 of compression is harder. I have to really push hard on the truggy to make the chassis hit the ground. The shocks are not over filled, I filled them up to the side of the shock, and put a dab of shock oil the cap. It seems that the rubber shock boot get bunched up when at full compression and makes it harder for the shock to compress all the way.

2. Wheel slop. My rear wheels have what is seems like excess slop. I can move the wheel in and out a decent amount, and up and down (although not as much as in and out). At first I thought it was due to having plastic hub carriers. Last night I replaced the hub carriers with aluminum ones, and rebuilt the hubs. Yet I still have this wheel slop. It seems to me that there should be a tiny washer put in between the cva and the hub carrier to prevent this...

Anybody have any suggestions?? Btw I have not run this truggy yet, so there are no parts that are worn on it. Its all brand new.