R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS engines
Thread: STS engines
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 11:01 PM
dino.tw
Nitro Tech

Originally posted by NitroOB4You
Hmmmm...diddle diddle didd ..look what I find...
It appears that one of the screws holding the engine backplate worked it's way off to never never land...also it's three brothers were very loose in their respective "homes"....
Ok...I found a replacement and used a dab of lock-tite on all of the screws...BUT! this still does nothing for the carb feeling very gritty and sometimes getting stuck
Do you mean your carb sometime getting stuck?
Take out the throttle link. Use your fingers to open/close the throttle. Check it if it's smooth. Than put on the throttle link. Make sure your throttle link and the throttle are in a straight line. As I knew LD3 needs to put on some shims above the servo arm to make the throttle link and throttle keeping in a straight line. And you need to adjust the carb's direction but make sure the carb's dust protection will not touch the crankcase.When you close the throttle;then break,the throttle shouldn't be moved....damn....hate my poor english ....how to explain that? Before you adjust your carb,make sure your mechanism works fine first. Do you have other kits or your friends? If you can use other kit to test this D5 before you send it back,it would be good. Because when you send it back it need 7days delivery,and I need some days to test it and 7days delivery to send it back....
I have a race tomorrow,can we talk later?