R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 11-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Paul L
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Is that 3.5 degree rear toe per side?

Everything else looks pretty close to "normal" setup things I did with my FK'05's, but I never could get a feel I liked running more than 1.5-2 degrees of rear toe per side.

Maybe I'm missing something, what do you gain by running more rear toe?

I always felt like more rear toe made mid-corner steering twitchy, and exit steering nearly non-existent. Running less rear toe always helped rotation, with maybe a touch of over-steer on exit.

Still waiting on my T3'11, so I have lots of time to think and wonder
Hi, yea you are kinda right on the toe. i feel like the new car does a great job of getting in to the corner and threw the center but needs a little extra help coming off, if you dont like running all that toe i would suggest standing up the rear shocks 1 or 2 holes and running 2 or 2.5deg toe.

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hay Paul: Have you settled on a motor sponsor for 2011 or are you still a free agent and using your trinity motors? also any plans of getting into oval racing now that not only the 'birds,but now the Cleveland indoor race as well will have oval. Thanks for the info
Next year i plan on running Thunderpower motors, I race TP batterys now so it only makes sence for me to help them with the motors.

Originally Posted by Xpress
Have you been able to go faster than a thirteen twooooooo yet?
a 13.2 is the fastest lap that exists lol.

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Paul, what do you have your down stops/ droop at? Th set up sheet is blank for down stops?
For the new car i have been using a bit less, like 2-2.5mms uptravel front and rear.

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Look in the notes section on the set-up sheet
Thanks.

Originally Posted by oldrcr
all that said i still hit pleanty of boards though. LOL
Jake just got me to try that "don't hit the boards" adjustment in our last race. I have to admit, that one thing alone, does work better than I thought it would.

-a[/QUOTE]

Its called practice. and i need more too.

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
I have just bought a pair of the H1 H2 roll centres for my T2 009, I have fitted them to the front of my car. I currently run a 1mm shim on top of the front c hubs, Do I need to put a thicker shim on the C hubs or leave as they are ???
What roll center are you running and what location is it in on the tower?
Thanks.