R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on classes with no timing or boost
Old 10-31-2010, 01:59 PM
revo61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I am talking about touring car. When you look at that class, no runs the T3R, they get the T3. VTA is popular and you can run a TC3,4 or 5 and be competive. But if you run 17.5, what chassis do most get a T3, TC6, TC5, 416, Cyclone. Xray drops a new version of the T2/T3 every year. 360-500 for a rollor no body or even wheels. A RC8B buggy prebuilt with body and wheels can be had for 470 at Amain vs T3 no body or wheels, needs to be built for 434. Look at parts cost Xray charge 7 bucks per hub, D8 Hub 10 a pair. Losi 8B buggy RTR 629 and its competive out of the box. So why can't we get something similar for touring? I also don't all the setup tools for offroad, like I need for touring.

Originally Posted by timmig
The point is---your comparing an "entry" level rule limited off road class to an "open" modified budget to go "EXPERT" on-road racing. There's PLENTY of off-road cars out there that cost over $1000 to race competitively with---but that's NOT an accurate comparison now is it!!??