R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 05:46 PM
andrew-01
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey guys, I need some advice for the rear end setup on a 12r5.1 in 17.5 nonboosted.
Last week Black fronts/ Grey rears were hooked up(CRC carpet), but the layout was changed and now 2x Pink front/Magenta rears were hooking up(a whole second faster).
My trouble comes still with the rear end. Going into a corner and throughout the beginning of turn in, the rear end slides or skips out. It causes the diff to slip and results in slowing down.
Now, not all the turns are point and shoot and going a little wide to carry speed had helped out, but occasionally through the sweeper it would essentially 'skip' to the left, other turns it would 'skip' to the right.
With the Grey rears the rear end would slide out, with Magentas it would skip or hop over. I had guys telling me anything from full pod droop, no front camber, go back to Grey tires etc etc and nothing worked. In fact some suggestions were so out of left field I didn't bother trying them.

In essence, I'd get 3/4 of the way through a turn and then the rear end would hop over, turning me the last 1/4 of the turn.

Thanks guys