R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB-C01
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 10:17 AM
DS Motorsport
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Last two days I did some testing, still had tires and fuel which I wanted to use before the winter break.

On the first day I forgot to put my PT in so I didn't get any official laptimes.
But the car was very good with the 35/37 tires and the Lab engine.
I changed the rear upper rollcentre from full short arm to full long arm, this made the car much better through the fast sweeper and the 180 degree corner.
However I lost some steering so I changed the rear springs from stock to Xray purple. This put the steering back in the car and it was pretty much dialed.

I never tried the steering expo so I decided to give it a try, this works very well and I wish I tried this before. If you haven't tried it start out with -20 with an M11. Makes it much easier to go around the corner in a nice arc and hit the apex.

On the second day the track had even lower traction as the day before and I only had some 40/42 tyres left so laptimes weren't great. Also I used a different engine which had a lot less power compared to the Lab.
The car had some understeer so I gave the rear anti rollbar 2mm of preload.

I've used about 5 litres of fuel with the car until now and I'm very impressed with the low wear. Pulleys and belts are still like new, no slop on any part.
The only part which needs replacing is first gear, the pinion teeth have become quite sharp.

I attached my current setup
Attached Files