R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Big Midget
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
For a number of reasons... but the main one being, that in my eyes, the car was the biggest problem for my lack of results this year.

In all my years racing, I've never had so many perplexing moments and frustration trying to figure out why the car didn't work.

I appreciate that for some people it seems to work, but having put a lot of time, effort and money into this year, to end up at the end of the season not being able to perform to the level I want to, something had to change.

Being a honest, how I had the car setup at the last national was the best it handled all year, and baring a bit of steering it was very close. However, the sweet spot on the car just seems incredibly narrow... miss it and your miles off. The car is seemingly also very sensitive to track temperature, so forever trying to chase your tail just gets frustrating.

Back that up with constantly having to predict what part on the car would need replacing next, as it was never designed for the loadings we're now putting through the cars, and with no developments from Losi in the pipeline (seriously, no spool that doesn't destroy outdrives?), just ment that ultimately, despite my best result of the season in the last round, I'd had enough.

Anyway, wish you all luck with it, and I will say I was proud to be offered the opportunity to race the car, but at the end of the day, it's still a hobby for me, and if I'm not enjoying it, whats the point?
Wow, after reading this I have some doubt that I still want the car. This is the first border line negative thing I have read about the Type R.
I know everyone has their opinions and there's no perfect car that everyone agrees on but I'd like to have a car with a larger set up window..........