R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Heliavi8or
Tech Rookie

Default New to Cars

Hello all. My name is David and a LONG time RC enthusiast. I fly planes and helis but have had some troubles with a neurological issue in my hands called essential tremors.... Long story short, I was starting to have an issue with the precise flying of the helis and got bored with planes flying around. I have always had a car but never got serious into it. While walking around the local Hobby People, I saw an 1/8th scale buggy on sale and thought I would give serious racing (serious but fun!) a try. So here goes.....

I live in Temecula and this track looks great. I work from home so can go to the track anytime and was wondering what a slow day at the track would be for me to practice. Also the car that I got is an XTM. Before anyone says anything, it is just to start off with and see if I like it. From all of the cars I have owned I feel I will eventually get an Ofna or Losi.

Does anyone have an XTM and if so, does anyone have any immediate suggestions to address on the car before I go out to the track for the first time? i.e. Change the tires or adjustments to the shocks.

Also, I am very interested in learning proper track etiquette. Is there a rule book or "proper conduct" page I should read before heading out there?

I am looking forward to trying this out and would be happy to get any feedback or inoput you have. Also if anyone is out there during the week regularly, let me know as I would prefer to go when people with experience are there but don't want to practice on the weekends in the beginning.

Again my name is David and thanks for reading.