R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Charger fried?
Thread: Charger fried?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 06:44 AM
BrainTeased
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Charger fried?

Hi guys i think i fried my charger its a ANSMANN charger the charges 400ma - 4amps. Anyways i was charging a stick pack at 4 amps mind you this is the first time i ever charged at this amp rate as i always charged at 3 amp as my other stick is still new. After 20 minutes the stick seemed full charged as 3 lights were all flashing meaning it was going into trickle charge then all of a sudden 3 lights came off and charge light came back on and only charging at 1 amp even though on the dial i have selected 4 amps. After about 2 mins later i started to smell some sort of burning smell!!! so i touched the charger to see what temp it was on. And it was hot so i unplugged the charger and let it cooled for about 20-30 mins then tried the next stick pack and it will only charge at 2 amps max even though i've choosen 4 amps on the dial and then slowly the amp rate will reduce by itself. And also now it wont make that charging noise that it use to make when it charges. Is my charger blown? can i fix it myself?