R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How long did it take for you guys to get better?
Old 10-29-2010, 06:58 AM
token
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jaap
Hello,

I was wondering if and how you use your brakes.

Do you use brakes alot? Yes

Do you use brakes to slow down before the corner and then turn or do you not use brakes and and come slower to just roll freewheel through the corner? Depends on the fastest line and how much bit the track has, but braking is a good idea so people wont be puntin people in the corners.

Do you use brakes on the corner to force your car slide?

Your brakes are setup so on a straight line with full throtle when the brakes are applied the car slows down and then stop or do tha brakes force the car to slide (locks the wheels) and then stop?

I am confused on how much the brakes need to be used and how strong the brakes work...

Ofcourse someone might say it depends on your driving but I guess we are all looking to drive just like the pros do...

Thanks
I was wondering if and how you use your brakes.

Do you use brakes alot? YES

Do you use brakes to slow down before the corner and then turn or do you not use brakes and and come slower to just roll freewheel through the corner?
Depends on the fastest line and how much bit the track has, but braking is a good idea so people wont be puntin people in the corners.

Do you use brakes on the corner to force your car slide? I try not to. Tires just spinning is more tire wear and less run time.

Your brakes are setup so on a straight line with full throtle when the brakes are applied the car slows down and then stop or do tha brakes force the car to slide (locks the wheels) and then stop? Depends on what you like and your bias (i think its called). Its hard to tell cause depending on the track surface. really loose I take out a little break, on nice high bite tracks I can add alitte more. IMO

I am confused on how much the brakes need to be used and how strong the brakes work... You have to play with it until you find your sweet spot.

Ofcourse someone might say it depends on your driving but I guess we are all looking to drive just like the pros do... But so much do depend on your style of driving.