R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Funky
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
A good combo for an LRP setup would be the SXXSS with an X12 13.5 or 17.5
The SXX v2 is intended for low wind mod motors .
A brushed or BL motor will balance well, but no one runs 2 cell in 12th scale club racing.

A properly setup 12th scale will run circles around sedans in the infield sections of a track, that's a good indication if it's working ok
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about going with the SXXv2 because it was smaller overall without the heatsink. Will the SXXSS work better with my 17.5/13.5? If the performance will be the same, Ill probably go for the SXX V2. Money is tight so my electronics get moved around a lot between cars. It might be in this car for a few months and move into a touring car next summer. I am not really sure, although if one of them works better than the other in this application, I want the better ESC.

I know the 2 cell setup isn't ideal, but it works for now and I already had the electronics sitting around. It is running pretty close to the fast touring cars in our club (probably around 1 second slower in lap times) although tuning has been a struggle For now I am just trying different things to see how they effect the car. I have a few different tires to try so I have been swapping them first to see what works on the track. I am also not the best driver, so that holds me back too I don't want to run it on 4.8 because on 2S everything runs very cool for 20 mins of practice per battery. I also have a 4.8 RC12L4 that runs a lot slower, hotter and not as long. We don't have a class going so I can run whatever I want (there are no restrictions).

Any advice on the 13.5 ballistic vs the LRP X12 17.5. The LRP is new and the ballistic is hardly used with a brand new 13.5 stator (was a 6.5) so both motors should be near equal condition. Would I be better off running the lower turn Ballistic or the higher turn LRP? WIll it make any difference since I will be running an LRP ESC? I am mostly looking for cool running and long lasting performance so I can use it often for practice... and of course I want it to be fast too

Any advice on the best battery out right now that fits easily into the R5.1 since I am just picking up one?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rc12s 2.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	659783  

Last edited by Funky; 10-27-2010 at 02:12 PM.