Thread: Kyosho Evolva
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 05:58 PM
jkestler
Tech Initiate

Default DUDES!

If I can quote an earlier post
"KYOSHO EVOLVA ALL THE TIME!"

Went to the track last night and WOW! I put of 37 tires just for practice and to make sure it was balanced. I started with the front swaybar in full hard so that I would push...I didn't want to loop it at full speed yet. I slowly tuned the swaybar back and wow a predictable four wheel drift. It was very stable and predictable...now I have to learn to deal with the speed of 1/8 scale!
The tranny shifts real smooth and downshifts nice and light so not to upset the chassis on corner entry. The stock gears are a bit tall though....I have all the optional gears (suitcase from tokyo) and I'll have to start playing with them.
Anyway, They chassis was very responsive to changes. I used Shimo's setup from late 2003 then I wanted a little more rear grip so I stiffened it with the Gold springs and softened the swaybar. (part #FMW22 is from the Fantom 2001 but IS the optional adjustable rear swaybar).
Don't go nuts with the neg. camber...guys at the track where all telling me I had to have 3 deg. or more of negative camber (all their tires were wearing like cones)...stick to the setup sheet....1 deg. max is all you need. It's an old trick I learned in my race car days that you take temperature readings (infrared) of the tire from three positions: inside, middle, outside. Then you adjust the camber according to which edge is too hot......approx.1 deg. was perfect....
Enjoy
JK