R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 PM
Funky
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Thanks to everyone that submitted to this thread!! There are a ton of pages to go through but I have found a lot of usefull information.

I have a few questions about some 12r5.1s that I am setting up.

Eventually I will set up both cars with 1S lipo setups but for now, I am just setting up one brushless and the other one brushed. Is there any problems running a brushed setup in the 12r5.1? Would it be worth picking up the brushed rear pod? Does the other pod have better balnce? Are there any other changes I should consider when running a brushed setup? I am running a 27T brushed motor on a 2S 2100mah lipo and it is working ok...although this my first 1/12 scale so I am not sure how it should really feel.

For the other 12R5.1, I have 2 motors I am considering. I already have a Ballistic 13.5T and an X12 LRP 17.5T. There is no 1/12 scale class at our track so I can run whatever I want, I just don't know which one might work better. I will probably buy an LRP SXX V2 ESC for ease of installation (no extra battery or step up). I can probably only buy one lipo so I am still trying to decide on which one to pick out. I switched to the newer Hyperions in all of my heli stuff and they are holding up very well, but I don't think they have any 1 cell lipos for these cars.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Sorry about the long post and all of the questions. I am completely new to 1/12 scale cars so any advice would be very helpfull.